Whenever high heels walk into my office with the insides padded to the 9’s it’s almost guaranteed, that the shoe isn’t fitting properly. Possible causes:
- Shoe heel height is too steep and you’re sliding forward, losing arch support and contact.
- Shoe is too short and all of your body weight is crashing down onto the ball.
- Shoe is too deep in the toebox and you’re sliding forward
- Sides of shoe are too gappy and you’re not being held secure.
- You have a high arch and the instep of the shoe is below your arch’s instep.
This problem with this shoe was #5. In this case, heel and forefoot padding were insufficient to keep her foot in the shoe.